Have you ever wondered if it's possible to create a successful side hustle as an introvert?
My guest today teaches creative introverts how to become virtual assistants and earn an income from home.
Billie’s been a member of my community for awhile, and then one day I got this email from her where she writes:
“Hey Shannon, So I'm doing a live challenge in my membership the Introvert VA Club called “Do One Thing That Scares You Every Day”. It's for 30 days and we're on day #11.
One of the things I'm scared about is visibility. Since I'm an introvert I tend to shy away from attention but I'm trying to work on it! I know that putting myself out there more is going to help more people achieve their dreams.
Which brings me to your podcast. I've been a big fan of yours since we met and was wondering if you're looking for interviewees. Off the top of my head I can talk about the challenge, how I help creative introverts, mindset stuff (love it), and how I “burned da bitch down”. (I got rid of my ebooks and a big client to focus on my membership site. Totally scary at first, completely freeing afterward.)
Let me know if you're interested and if there's a way I can help support you!”
And of course it’s a yes, and not just because she’s a member of my community but because her pitch was all about how she can provide value to my listeners and not all about how awesome she is.
I mean, you’ll find out for yourself how awesome she is when you listen, but the key takeaway for you if you want to land guest opportunities of any kind, or even if you want to get people to buy from you for that matter, is that it’s never about you. It’s always about them.
Billie and I talk about:
- How Billie got her first virtual assistant client.
- Tips for getting VA clients when you are just starting out.
- Advice for how to let go of clients when you no longer are taking 1:1 work.
- How to make discovery calls with potential clients less scary.
- How Billie structures her day.
- A strategy for getting yourself to do something that scares you.
- Billie’s advice for an introvert who is thinking about starting their own business.
- The belief Billie had to change about herself to get where she is today.
My favorite quotes from Billie:
- “Follow your heart and follow your gut, wherever it takes you.”
- “If you’re going to grow you have to get uncomfortable and with practice it becomes easier. Give it a shot and keep trying.”
- “Just take it one step at a time, everyone is scared.”
- “Keep going keep showing up consistently.”
- “Building a business takes time and takes energy. Just keep doing it”
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Billie teaches creative introverts how to become virtual assistants and earn an income from home. She's the founder of Desire to Done and the Introvert VA Club, a membership site for introverted virtual assistants.